Monday, February 4, 2013

Friend-spiration

Using Your Friends to Find Motivation

I have had a standing yoga-knitting date on Thursday nights with the beautiful and talented Cassi Stuckman (see and read her blog at wwww.cassiyoga.com). As young ambitious ladies of Chicago- sometimes things get tough, the winter gets cold and one needs to find inspiration in things beyond the everyday motivational quote--(see cheesy Mary Oliver Quote below--).  Knowing that I will at least get some movement and exercise in on Thursdays helps me to stay sane, between balancing Grad School, working four days a week, and being the crazy knitting fool that I am--doing late night yoga with a dear friend can be the cure for any stressful week. Cassi is patient and kind and puts up with my beginner yoga needs- she is an amazing teacher and EVERYONE should take one of her classes. She is inspiring to me and I hope that my knits inspire her! Cassi has been working on some AWESOME knits on our nights together and has come up with some pretty beautiful projects! We have a trade, I will help her with her knits and she helps me become more bendy. Its the perfect friend-spiration deal I have ever been a part of :) Now if I could just find the inspiration to do it on my own...

Cassi just finished this awesome slouchy hat in seed stitch:

Cassi doing yoga in her knits! Also noted- cable knit legwarmers made by yours truly <3. Visit Cassi's blog here!


 And here is my attempt at downward dog with no help from Max, the cat, who likes to zip in and out of my yoga moves:
Not Impressed.
 And here is your daily dose of obnoxious, bright, and fluffy inspiration--although sometimes its needed, like today-- go out there and get that crazy wild life on, Chicago!

Mary Oliver

1 comment: