Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Knits That Look Knitty, Chicago

Knits that look knitty, Chicago

I would love to knit full time and earn a living wage from creating glorious knits to share with the world. Alas, this is not the case, at least not yet. Therefore, like you Chicago, I ride a bus, a train, walk (or some combination of all three) in 0-degree weather to trek it to a job that fulfills my additional career aspirations. While I do not claim to be the know-all-be-all of the knitting world, I would like to claim that I have an eye for stylish knits and make it a point to notice EVERYONE'S daily knit choices as they stumble onto the bus, bury their faces into their coats and try to stay warm. I stare at them and wonder what size needles their hat was made with or how much they paid for that fuzzy scarf. Was it a gift? Is it handmade? There are some knitty knits out there y'all and just because your grandma made it for you, does not mean you have to wear it on the CTA. So, I have decided to share with you the most knitty knits I can find, with the hope that we can all learn that just because its cold, you don't you have to wear this:

Knits Not To Wear




And so begins Knits That Look Knitty, Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment